Have you ever been super excited to watch your favorite anime on Crunchyroll, but then – bam – the subtitles just won’t work? Ugh, that can be so frustrating, right?
Crunchyroll, just like Netflix or Disney+, has its own little glitches sometimes. Don’t worry, though, it’s not just you facing this!
In this guide, we’re going to dive into why your Crunchyroll subtitles might be on the fritz and what you can do to fix them. Let’s get those subtitles back on track so you can enjoy your shows without any hassle!
Why Are My Crunchyroll Subtitles Not Working?
Ever wonder why your Crunchyroll subtitles just decide to take a break sometimes? It’s usually because of a tiny hiccup in the Crunchyroll video player or something quirky with your device.
The Quick Fix: Flip Those Subtitles On and Off
The first thing to try is super simple – just turn the subtitles off, and then back on. It’s like the good old ‘turn it off and on again’ trick, and it works more often than you’d think!
Other Cool Tricks to Try
- Update Crunchyroll: Make sure your app is up to date. New updates often fix these annoying bugs.
- Switch Browsers: If you’re watching on a computer, try a different web browser. Sometimes, that’s all it takes!
- Say Bye to VPNs and Adblockers (Temporarily): If you’re using a VPN or an adblocker, try turning them off for a bit. They can sometimes mess with subtitles.
We’ve got some more ideas up our sleeves to help you tackle this subtitle snafu. Stay tuned to find out how you can get back to watching your favorite shows with subtitles that actually work!
How To Fix Crunchyroll Subtitles Not Working
No more missing out on what’s being said in your favorite anime! Here’s how you can fix those stubborn subtitles on different devices.
Apple TV: Make Your Subtitles Work
- Open Crunchyroll: Fire up the Crunchyroll app on your Apple TV.
- Play Your Show: Pick an episode you want to watch.
- Subtitle Time: Use your remote’s right-direction button to find the subtitle icon.
- Choose Your Language: Turn on subtitles in the language you want.
Mobile Devices: Subtitles On-The-Go
- Open the App: Launch Crunchyroll on your phone or tablet.
- Account Settings: Tap on ‘Account’ in the bottom-right corner.
- Find Preferences: Scroll to ‘Preferences’.
- Toggle Subtitles: Turn on ‘Show Closed Caption’.
If You’re Watching on a PC, Mac, or Web Browser
- Open Crunchyroll: Just like on Apple TV, start by opening the app.
- Find Your Show: Choose the episode you’re itching to watch.
- Subtitle Icon: Use the right-direction button on your remote to get to the subtitle icon.
- Select Language: Enable subtitles in the language of your choice.
- Preferences Time: Click on ‘Preferences’ on the left tab.
- Show Those Captions: Scroll down and toggle on ‘Show Closed Captions’.
Crunchyroll PC App: A Quick Fix
Sometimes, all you need to do is a little subtitle switcheroo:
- Spot the Cog: Look for the settings cog icon in the video player’s bottom left corner.
- Dive Into Settings: Click it to see the menu.
- Subtitle Options: Choose your subtitle preferences.
- Off and On: Select ‘none’ to turn subtitles off, wait 10 seconds, then pick your language.
Give these tips a try, and you should be back to watching your shows with perfect subtitles in no time!
Update Your Crunchyroll App
If you’re watching on a TV, streaming stick, or even a gaming console, it’s super important to keep your app updated. Why? Because sometimes, those pesky subtitle issues are due to an old version of the app. The Crunchyroll team is always fixing bugs, and you don’t want to miss out!
Updating on Android and iOS: Easy-Peasy
- Search for Crunchyroll: Head over to Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Hit Update: Just click the ‘Update’ button next to the app. Done!
Updating Crunchyroll on Different Devices
- Samsung Smart TV:
- Press ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’ on your remote.
- Select ‘Apps’.
- Head to ‘Settings’ and turn on ‘Automatic Updates’. All set!
- LG Smart TV:
- Go to the ‘Home menu’.
- Search for ‘Crunchyroll’.
- Click ‘Update’ next to the app.
- Press ‘Home’ on your remote.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘System Update’.
- Click ‘Check Now’ and then ‘Download’ for any updates.
- Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Applications’ > ‘App Store’.
- Enable ‘Automatic Update’.
- Restart your Firestick, and it’ll update Crunchyroll.
- Apple TV:
- Visit the Apple TV app store.
- Select ‘Purchased’ and find Crunchyroll.
- Hit ‘Update’. If there’s no update option, you’re already using the latest version!
Keeping Crunchyroll updated is super important for a smooth, subtitle-trouble-free experience. So, follow these steps for your device, and you’re good to go. Happy watching!
Clear Your Browser Cache
If you’re watching Crunchyroll on your computer and the subtitles aren’t showing up, it might be because of your browser cache. What’s that, you ask? It’s like your browser’s memory, where it keeps bits and pieces of websites to help them load faster next time. But sometimes, it holds onto outdated stuff that can mess with things like subtitles.
The Fix: Clear That Cache!
Don’t worry, clearing your cache is easy, and it can help get those subtitles working again. Here’s how you can do it on different browsers:
Chrome: Making It Fresh
- Open Settings: Click the three dots in Chrome’s top-right corner.
- Privacy Time: Choose ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Clear the Data: Click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Pick What to Clear: Select ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’.
- Final Step: Hit ‘Clear Data’.
Firefox: A Quick Clean
- Settings Menu: Click the hamburger icon in Firefox’s top-right.
- Privacy Please: Go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Clear Out: Under ‘Cookies & site data’, click ‘Clear data’.
Safari: Keeping It Clean
- Preferences: Open Safari, click ‘Safari’ on the top menu, then ‘Preferences’.
- Privacy First: Hit the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Manage Data: Choose ‘Manage website data’.
- Delete and Done: Click ‘Delete’, then ‘Done’.
Clearing your cache is like giving your browser a fresh start. It’s a simple step that could solve your subtitle problems on Crunchyroll. Give it a try and see if it works for you.
Other Ways To Fix Crunchyroll Subtitles Not Working
Sometimes subtitles on Crunchyroll just don’t want to cooperate. But don’t worry, we’ve got a few more tricks you can try!
1. Disable Any Ad Blockers Or VPNs
- What’s Happening: Using a VPN or an ad blocker? They’re great for privacy and skipping ads, but guess what? They can sometimes mess with your subtitles.
- The Fix: Try turning them off for a bit and see if your subtitles start behaving.
2. Try A Different Browser
- Why It Matters: Using Safari on a Mac? Some users say it’s a bit tricky with Crunchyroll subtitles.
- Try This: No matter if you’re on Windows, Mac, or Linux, give another browser a shot. Chrome, Firefox, Edge… you’ve got options!
3. Sign Out Of The Crunchyroll App
- The Problem: Crunchyroll can get a bit confused with your account sometimes.
- How to Fix It: Log out of your Crunchyroll account and then log back in. It’s like giving the app a quick refresh.
4. Force Quit Crunchyroll App
Sometimes apps like Crunchyroll get a little stuck because of minor bugs or glitches. It’s not a big deal, but it can stop subtitles from showing up. Force quitting the app is like giving it a quick restart – it can clear out those tiny problems in a snap!
How to Force Quit Crunchyroll on Different Devices
- On Mobile (iOS and Android):
- Minimize the App: Hit the Minimize button to see all your open apps.
- Swipe It Away: Find Crunchyroll and swipe it up to close it.
- On Apple TV:
- Double Tap TV Icon: Press the TV button on your remote twice.
- Swipe Up Crunchyroll: Find Crunchyroll among the open apps and swipe it up.
- On a Mac:
- Shortcut Keys: Press option+command+esc together.
- Force Quit: Select Crunchyroll and click ‘Force Quit’.
- On Windows:
- Start Menu: Click the Start button and head to Settings.
- Find Crunchyroll: Go to Apps, select Crunchyroll.
- Terminate: Click on ‘Advanced Option’ and then ‘Terminate’.
5. Update Your Streaming Device Software/Firmware Before Downloading
Ever thought about why your Crunchyroll subtitles might be acting weird? It could be your TV, streaming stick, or even your gaming console needing a software update. Just like updating apps, updating your device’s software (or firmware) is super important.
Updates do more than just add new features. They fix little bugs and glitches that can mess up things like subtitles. Missed an update? Had one stop halfway through? That could be why Crunchyroll isn’t working right.
The Benefits: Not Just for Subtitles!
Updating isn’t just about fixing problems. It’s like giving your device a boost! You’ll get:
- New apps to explore.
- A smoother, better streaming experience.
So, keeping your device’s software up to date means you’re getting the best it has to offer. And who doesn’t want their anime watching to be top-notch?
6. Check Your Internet Connection
Did you know a sluggish internet connection can mess with your Crunchyroll subtitles? Since subtitles stream along with your video, a slow connection can cause delays or even make them disappear.
Don’t Guess, Test!
- Speed Test: Head over to Fast.com to check your internet speed. You’ll need between 5-25Mbps for smooth streaming on Crunchyroll.
- Not Fast Enough?: If you’re under 5Mbps or your speed is jumping all over the place, don’t worry. I’ve got some tips to speed things up!
Boosting Your Internet Speed: Quick Fixes
- Airplane Mode Trick: Streaming on a phone or using a hotspot? Flip Airplane mode on and off to refresh your connection.
- Restart Your Device: A simple restart can sometimes give your network a much-needed boost.
- Power Cycle Your Router: If you have a router, unplug it for a minute, then plug it back in. It’s like a quick reset.
- Close Extra Apps and Devices: Too many devices or apps running can hog your internet. Shut down what you don’t need.
- Switch to 5GHz: If you have a dual-band router, try switching to the 5GHz frequency. And remember, closer is better for your router and streaming device.
- Check Your Internet Plan: Make sure you haven’t run out of data, and consider upgrading if you’re on a slower plan.
A stable and speedy internet connection is key for enjoying Crunchyroll without any subtitle hiccups. With these simple steps, you can improve your internet speed and get back to your favorite shows, subtitles and all!
7. Contact Crunchyroll Support
Tried everything and still no luck with those subtitles? It’s okay – sometimes the issue might be a bit more complex than we can handle on our own. That’s where the Crunchyroll support team comes in!
How Crunchyroll Support Can Help
- Expert Advice: The folks at Crunchyroll support are pros at solving these kinds of problems. They might have just the solution you need.
- Personalized Help: Every issue is unique, and they can give you tailored advice to get your subtitles working again.
Don’t hesitate to contact Crunchyroll support with your subtitle troubles. They’re there to help you get back to your anime-watching adventures, subtitles and all!
Wrapping It Up: Your Guide to Fixing Crunchyroll Subtitles
Look at all the tricks and tips we’ve covered to fix those pesky Crunchyroll subtitle issues! From updating apps and devices, clearing caches, to even reaching out to the experts at Crunchyroll support, there’s a whole toolbox of solutions for you.
We really hope these suggestions help sort out any subtitle snags you’ve been facing. Remember, a little troubleshooting can go a long way in getting your anime experience back on track.
Happy Streaming, Anime Fans!
Now that you’re armed with all these fixes, it’s time to dive back into your anime world. Enjoy your streaming with perfect subtitles – Happy Anime watching!