According to Statista, 82% of the US population, or 295 million people, are on social media.
These platforms present an excellent opportunity for a business to market its products or services since you can access any market demographic at a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing channels.
That said, social media advertising campaigns can cost up to $7,000 per month, so you may need to take out a business loan. Considering the number of people you could reach with such a campaign, that’s a price worth paying.
This article examines some simple social media marketing ideas your small business could implement.
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing is any form of marketing done on social media platforms. You could conduct this marketing strategy in various ways, from formal advertising campaigns to informal ways.
Selecting the best platforms for marketing a small business
Choosing the right marketing platform for your small business is key to its growth.
You will determine this using various criteria, such as the type of business, target audience, and business goals. Consider taking small business loans to run campaigns on your favorite platform.
Here’s a short and sweet guide to selecting the most refined social media platform for your marketing campaign:
- Facebook: perfect for delivering traffic to landing pages, this platform is ideally suited for business-to-consumer (B2C) campaigns, particularly direct-to-consumer sales.
- Instagram: is rapidly expanding and recently surpassed 1 billion monthly active users (MAUs). Even though Instagram is barely half of Facebook’s 2 billion, their ads have a considerably greater engagement rate.
- Twitter: is a little smaller than the previous two behemoths, but it is still a powerful conduit for social media marketing. However, what distinguishes Twitter from the others is that it is the platform of choice for breaking news.
- LinkedIn: with 260 million MAUs, LinkedIn is a specialty network and the most useful social site for B2B sellers and professional services providers. It is exclusively devoted to professional networking and promotion.
- Snapchat: Snapchat is the smallest network on this list, with ‘only’ 100 million MAUs in North America, but it’s a perfect choice if your primary demographics are young people.
Easy marketing ideas to apply in your social media profiles
A good marketing strategy should help achieve the objectives you have set for your business, especially with the help of small business loans.
Subsequently, you will know the aspects to consider and the techniques you can use to boost your social networks campaign. Here are some of the best social media marketing ideas:
1. Use infographics to capture the users’ attention
People are crazy about infographics. They summarize facts while presenting them in a visually appealing template.
Consequently, integrating this type of graphics into your campaign can’t hurt. They assist in providing more value to your audience.
2. Run a contest or giveaway
Running an occasional contest is one of the best ways to generate engagement from followers on social media.
3. The social media takeover
Sometimes new posts and updates from your social networks mean letting someone else do it.
Entrusting your social media presence to an influencer or celebrity with a massive and active audience is the first step to putting your brand in front of millions of potential new customers.
4. Share, retweet, and repost
Don’t be afraid to let your fans and followers talk to each other or your brand. Keep in mind, not all content in social media posts should be done by you alone.
Promoting other great and related brands, photos, and videos of your followers shows that you are an active part of communicating with them and the industry.
What are the benefits of social media marketing
- Social media marketing enables you to reach millions of people and to know them better.
- It allows you to connect in a better way with your audience.
- Improved sales.
- It helps build your brand, boosting brand recognition.
- Increased web traffic. When you share content on social media, you give users a reason to click, know and probably buy on your website.
- Social media helps in building customer loyalty.
You can expand your business significantly by using social media marketing. That’s because social media marketing can boost revenue, increase your target audience’s engagement, and build customer loyalty.
The best way to achieve this is through running giveaways, using appealing graphics, and sharing your members’ posts and tweets.
For information on small business loans to run social media marketing ideas, visit the website in the introductory section.