Email marketing is a marketing process in which companies send emails with promotional messages to a list of people in mass quantities. The objective of email marketing campaigns is to generate leads and drive sales. Such emails would invite people to a seller’s website and convince them to buy their products.
Email marketing is a cost-effective digital marketing method with high conversion rates compared to other marketing methods such as PPC, SEO, and social media. In addition, email marketing is a low-budget marketing channel that delivers great brand loyalty, sales, and ROI.
An email marketing strategy comprises a set of methods, processes, and procedures that a marketer formulates and implements to obtain the desired marketing goals through email marketing campaigns. An effective email marketing strategy provides a plan of action to march toward the intended results, enables performance monitoring and subsequent fine-tuning of the strategy.
This article presents you with the top five essential strategies that make your email marketing campaigns effective, efficient, and successful.
Inform about new products
You can send emails to your subscribers to inform them about your new product arrivals. Such emails assist in increasing traffic to your company’s website by letting your customers know about your latest products. This approach increases the curiosity and expectations of your customers and gives them something to look forward to.
- You can have a unique theme for each of your new product emails to increase its effectiveness.
- The use of product photos increases the impact of your new product email.
- The number of products that you include in your new product email is a matter of concern. You can have five to seven new products’ information in your email. Overcrowding the email with too many new products may make your email readers overwhelming.
- Don’t forget to include separate product links, in addition to the company’s website link, to make the task easy for your subscribers.
Send abandoned cart reminder emails
It is not uncommon that people at times abandon their shopping carts as it is without buying anything. You can send reminder emails to your customers to inform them about the shopping carts that they have abandoned at your website. Such reminder emails help customers to revisit your website and make purchases.
Despite their intention to buy, your website visitors may get distracted halfway and may forget to complete the buying process, and may abandon their cart. Reminder emails help you deal with this and possibly make revenue even from abandoned carts.
- A personalized, relevant, and catchy subject line like “Forgot something?” will enhance the responsiveness of your abandoned cart reminder emails.
- Make the product image prominent with a crisp product description to make the mail more readable.
- As the objective is not to inform or explain but to remind, keeping the text brief helps get favorable results.
- A straightforward call to action with an explicit “buy now” button in your abandoned cart emails will encourage the readers to revisit your website and complete the buying process.
Announce a sale and offer discount codes
Giving away discount codes through sale announcements is an effective email marketing strategy that generates a favorable response from your customers. Without exception, every customer loves a sale, and all the customers get excited when offered discount codes or coupons.
Such discounts can be themed for end-of-season clearance sales and upcoming holidays.
- Your email’s open rate increases if you state the sale announcement in the subject line itself.
- Lavish use of product photos tempts the customers for the sale and the discounts.
- Discounts lure the readers more if they are in large fonts.
- A quick link to your website’s sale section invariably increases your online sales.
Hiring an email marketing agency helps businesses to formulate and implement effective email marketing strategies successfully.
Suggest product options
Making personalized product recommendations to our occasional/frequent visitors is an excellent email marketing strategy proven to have desired results. However, this strategy requires understanding your customers, which is easily possible with the latest software tools.
When a customer buys a product from you, you can send a follow-up email informing related products. Such upselling and cross-selling lead to more revenue. Moreover, personalized follow-up emails make your customer feel special and have an affinity for your brand. Therefore, you need to make sure that your product suggestions are relevant and interesting.
- High-quality product photos are more effective.
- Clear and to the point content is impactful.
- Links to suggested products invoke a favourable response.
Build trust by sharing tips and tricks
Sending emails that bring value to the customers is an authentic way to win customers’ trust. Such emails, devoid of promotional messages, but with valuable information such as useful tips and tricks that may resolve customers’ problems, will increase your reputation and brand value. Your customers will see you as an expert in your area!
- Subject lines stating customers’ problems will increase your emails’ open rate.
- Simple, direct, and crisp text increases readability.
- Having a blog and sharing the blog link in your email campaign increases your industry authenticity.
- Avoid mentioning your products; if you include them, limit it to just one or two.
- Link your Facebook page in your email for more visibility and enhanced customer connection.
- Offer further help and assistance to enhance customer communication.
- Explicit call-to-action increases your website traffic considerably.
This blog covers all those Essential Strategies that Define Email Marketing. From Sending abandoned cart reminder emails to crafting emails politely and respectfully, we have mentioned five such strategies that can help you begin a successful partnership with your prospective clients. So, bring your next email life while employing these strategies and let everything else fall into place.