The file API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL, which we also refer to as apisetstub, is a 32/64-bit Windows DLL module that works for Microsoft Windows Operating System (OS) software. If you haven’t already figured it out, Microsoft Corporation developed and licensed it.
When new programs are developed, they are linked to dynamic link libraries (or DLLs) that contain the codes necessary for them (the programs) to work properly. When the required DLL file becomes missing or corrupted, the Windows OS then displays a prompt that informs the user of the missing file, which will enable the said user to take active steps toward resolving the problem.
The API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL file is vital to the proper functioning of the software as it enables it to work properly and not display any error prompt. When this file is missing from your computer or damaged and you decide to start a program, you will be alerted by an error message, which could be any of the following:
- Error loading API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL. The specified module could not be found.
- This application failed to start because API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL was not found.
- API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.
- There was a problem starting API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL. The specified module could not be found.
- A required component is missing: API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL. Please install the application again.
- The program can’t start because API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Before you can fix this error, you have to either copy the missing API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL file to your computer or replace the damaged file with a working one. There are different versions of the API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL file available for download with sizes that range between 15.8KB and 23.4KB.
Downloading API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL File and Installing It
- Download API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL file according to your system, that is, 32 or 64-bit version.
- Extract the .dll file from the zip file(s) you downloaded to a convenient location on your computer.
- To fix all dll related issues, ensure you copy the DLL file to the installation folder of the game or application. You can also install the DLL file directly to your Windows.
Installing API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL File Directly on Your Windows
If the Doownload API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL file does not work in the installation folder of the game or application, you can install it directly to Windows by doing the following:
- Copy the file to “C:\Windows\System32\”
- Note that you can install the DLL file in any of the system’s folders without encountering any problem. To complete this step, you have to run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Open the Start Menu of your computer and type “cmd.”
- Right-click the “Command Prompt” that is displayed as a search result and click on “Run as administrator.”
- Paste the command, “%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll”, into the command line window and hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
Installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
The API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL is a part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, and it is usually not installed alongside the software that displays the error prompt. Some of the programs that display error prompts on Windows include Adobe Premiere, Adobe, Autodesk, Corel Draw, Microsoft Office, Skype, etc. This error prompt is usually displayed on your computer when the KB2999226 fails to install while you install the Visual C++ Redistributable.
To ensure the Download API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-10.DLL file is properly registered on your computer and is usable by your software, you have to re-install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable through the following steps:
- Proceed to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable page from Microsoft and click “Download.”
- On the next page, you will be required to select the version you have to download, whether 32-bit or 64-bit.
- After choosing, click on “Next” to download the file to your computer.
- Next, double click on the “vc_redist.x64.exe” file you just downloaded.
- The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable screen will appear. Click on the checkbox to agree with the license terms and conditions of the program.
- Click on “Install.”
- Click on “Yes” or “Allow” to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
And that is all it takes for your program to be installed successfully.