Conduit is basically a browser hijacker tool, which is also promoted by a lot of other downloads. This software once installed is going to change the homepage of your browser to search.conduit.com and will also install a Conduit toolbar in it.
How to Remove Conduit Search from Chrome and Firefox
Conduit search is going to display a lot of advertisements as well as sponsored links in the search result and it is also possible that it collects some of the terms you search from your search queries. This search tool is basically used for boosting up the revenue earned by advertisements and to inflate the search ranking of the page.
Similarly the Conduit toolbar is also not a virus, but that doesn’t mean it is safe. The Conduit toolbar consists of a lot of malicious traits, like rootkit tools using which it can look inside the OS, hijacking of browser as well as interfering with the normal user experience.
Steps to remove Conduit from Google Chrome
- First of all go to the control panel and open “Add or Remove Programs” option.
- Now you will see a list of installed programs, search Conduit Chrome toolbar or Conduit toolbar in the list and right click on it. After right clicking on it, select uninstall and wait for the toolbar software to uninstall from your PC.
- Now the Conduit toolbar software has been removed from your PC.
- Now open Google chrome.
- Click on the menu button present on the top right corner of the browser.
- Now select the “Tools” option and then “Extensions”.
- In the Extensions, select the “Conduit toolbar” and then click on the recycle bin button icon you see on the screen.
- Now again click on the menu button and then select the “Manage search engines” option. There click on “Google” and select the “Make default” option. Google will become the default search engine from conduit.
- From the same menu click on “Homepage” and change your homepage from “search.conduit.com to any other page you want.
And this is it. You have successfully removed conduit from your Google Chrome web Browser.
Remove Conduit from Mozilla Firefox
Follow the first three steps same given in the method to remove conduit from Google Chrome Browser and uninstall the Conduit toolbar application from your PC.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Now click on the Firefox button in the top left corner of the browser.
- Select the option “Troubleshooting Information”.
- Click on “Reset Firefox” option.
- Click on “Continue” in the next dialogue box that opens.
- Now you Firefox will reset itself and in the end click on Finish.
And that is it. You have successfully removed conduit from Mozilla Firefox.
So these were the easy steps that you need to follow in order to Remove Conduit Search from Chrome and Firefox.
Thank you for reading this post. You can subscribe to our blog and can also follow us on various social networking website in order to receive regular tech information similar to this.